Described by Men’s Health as ‘one of the best classes in the UK’ and a ‘fitness phenomenon' by Forever Sports magazine, the endorsed BoxingYoga™ Teacher Training Course enables anyone, anywhere to train and become a fully qualified BoxingYoga™ Coach.
- Learn the BoxingYoga™ class structure, transitions and individual postures with anatomical illustrations descriptions and modifications
- Learn how BoxingYoga™ complements the boxer's training regime and how it provides boxers and athletes with competitive advantage, contributes to improved technique, prevents injury and enhances performance
- Learn about BoxingYoga™ teaching methods, theory and philosophy
- Learn how BoxingYoga™ distinguishes itself as an alternative form of yoga, and how it meets the needs of individual students with or without boxing or yoga experience
- Master the structure, timing and function of each stage of the BoxingYoga™ class
- Learn to cue and demonstrate physically and verbally
- Teach a safe and effective BoxingYoga™ class with cautions and modifications
- Instruct and motivate students from different backgrounds
- Cultivate good practice, maintain patience and a positive mental attitude
- Learn about group dynamics and the most effective teaching strategy, from managing different learning styles to providing appropriate feedback and encouragement
EXTENSIVE LEARNING MATERIAL
Accessible from any device, the wide range of training materials include:
- The detailed BoxingYoga™ Teacher Training manual in downloadable and on-screen PDF format
- Hours of observational BoxingYoga™ class and coaching tutorial videos including adjustments and variations
- Detailed theory documents covering both boxing and BoxingYoga™ in downloadable and on-screen PDF format
- Insightful Coaching Practices and Coaching Philosophy documents in downloadable and on-screen PDF format
- Useful learning aids including a Personal Action Plan
- BoxingYoga™ Brand Guidelines and marketing advice
BOXING BASICS FOR BEGINNERS
If you are completely new to boxing, or could use a refresher, free enrolment to the endorsed Total Boxer® Boxing Basics course is included.
Understanding the basics of boxing is not only a really fun thing to do but it helps to appreciate the significance of BoxingYoga™, making you an even better BoxingYoga™ Coach.
Learn and practice the boxing basics, including;
- Boxing theory and history
- How to adopt a boxer's stance
- Using footwork in boxing
- The four punches, including the jab, cross, hook and uppercut
- Defensive work including parries, blocks, slips and rolls
- Putting it all together with combinations
A LITTLE HELP FROM YOUR FRIENDS
Available throughout the course and beyond, the group is a great way to meet the BoxingYoga™ community from all over the world to ask questions, make friends and get support from coaches, head coaches and fellow trainees everywhere from London to Los Angeles.
YOUR OWN PRIVATE ONLINE COACH
In addition to the considerable training materials and support included within the course, trainees have the option for private online training with a BoxingYoga™ Head Coach.
ASSESSMENT & CERTIFICATION
If you have a Yoga Level 3 qualification you will also receive 16 CPD points.
JOIN THE BOXINGYOGA™ COACHES ASSOCIATION
Once qualified all coaches have the opportunity to join the BoxingYoga™ Coaches Association (BYCA) - an extensive online and Head Office support system to you help get the most from your BoxingYoga™ practice or business.
- Bonus training videos, including 15, 30, 45 minute and advanced classes
- Regular promotion of your classes and events via official BoxingYoga™ social media channels
- Priority invitation to receive BoxingYoga™ corporate and venue enquiries
- Priority invitation to teach at BoxingYoga™ partner venues
- Exclusive invitation to teach at BoxingYoga™ retreats and events
- Recommended class music playlists
- License to use official BoxingYoga™ promotional imagery
- Opportunity to progress to BoxingYoga™ Assessor, Head Coach, Ambassador and Licensee
"BoxingYoga is a great program, highly recommended to everyone. Matt and Kajza are amazing people with positive energy."
- Carlos Sapao, Multiple World and Brazilian National Jiu Jitsu Champion
Get started now!
"BoxingYoga helps me improve in every department. A lot of fighters don't know how to stretch properly. BoxingYoga has everything they need - it keeps you young, keeps you fresh and keeps your body more athletic for a longer period of time, so you can do what you love for longer."
- Scott Quigg, Former World Super Bantamweight Boxing Champion
Get started now!
"Following the success of BoxingYoga in pre-season at our Training Academy, we set-up regular post-match BoxingYoga recovery sessions for our First Team. The sessions have proved extremely beneficial and it's no coincidence the squad are recovering faster from injury and showing improvement on post-match fatigue. We couldn't be happier with the effect BoxingYoga is having on the players and their ability to consistently perform at the highest level. I strongly recommend BoxingYoga to everyone."
- Philip Morrow, Performance Director, Saracens Rugby Club
Frequently Asked Questions
"BoxingYoga enables me to stretch out all the important muscle groups I need for my training. Coming back from injury, it's been essential help for me to recuperate in a safe and effective way, whilst improving my strength, flexibility and speed. I'm also finding it gives me real peace of mind and mental clarity parallel to my normal boxing training regime."
- Yassine Elmaachi, Prizefighter Boxing Champion